May 17, 2021

Norobotsverification

Latest online bangla news | bd, world, Sports, photo, video live | Norobotsverification

Only 47 percent of the returnees did not work

Although years have passed, 47 percent of the expatriate workers who have returned to the Corona epidemic have not yet been able to find work for a living. Many have to rely on family income or loans from relatives to cover their daily expenses. On the other hand, 53 percent are currently running their families by engaging in agricultural work, small business or labor. However, 98 percent of returnees are extremely worried about their future. This information has come up in a survey titled ‘Exploration and Analysis of Socio-Economic Situation of Expatriates’ of the migration program of the non-governmental organization BRAC.

The report was released on Friday. Shariful Hasan, head of BRAC’s immigration program, presented the report. He said BRAC had released a survey report on May 22 after talking to expatriate workers who returned in March-April last year after the global corona outbreak began. A year later, the survey was conducted to find out how much the situation has improved.

The survey found that 8 percent of returnees last year said they had no source of income. This time, it has been seen that about 53 percent (52.6) of the respondents have been able to involve themselves in some work. Of these, 24.19 per cent have been involved in agriculture, 22.33 per cent have been involved in day labor or similar activities and 35.35 per cent have started small businesses. Besides, 16.6 percent are doing some other work.

However, 46 percent (48.22 percent) of the respondents have not been able to get any work in the last one year. They are borrowing from their family income or relatives to run their daily expenses. Twenty-six percent of respondents said they were already in debt and 72 percent said they wanted to go abroad again.

Returning expatriates say 61 percent have received cooperative treatment from neighbors or relatives. However, 29 percent said they did not receive any cooperation from their neighbors.

Nur-e-Alam Chowdhury Liton MP, Chief Whip of the Jatiya Sangsad and a six-time successful MP ​​from Madaripur-1 (Shibchar) constituency, said, “We have to keep the country’s ongoing development and economy afloat by tackling corona.” With the recent assembly elections in India, the corona has multiplied in the country. They are at extreme risk. ‘

He was speaking as the chief guest at the inaugural function of VGF’s cash assistance as a gift from the Prime Minister to poor and distressed families on the occasion of Eid at Chowdhury Fatema Begum Municipal Auditorium in Shibchar, Madaripur on Friday (April 30) morning.

Munir Chowdhury, Chairman of the District Council was present as a special guest at this time. Shibchar Municipality Mayor Awlad Hossain Khan was also present in the presidency-Upazila Chairman A. Latif Mollah, Upazila Executive Officer. Asaduzzaman, Shibchar police officer in charge (OC) said. Miraj Hossain, Upazila Awami League President Shahjahan Mollah, General Secretary. Md. Selim, Municipal Awami League President. Tofazzal Hossain Khan Tota and many others.

He said, ‘Corona has not increased much as the ongoing Union Parishad elections in Bangladesh have been postponed. Many leaders and activists of our Awami League have died in Karona in the last few days, we have not forgotten that mourning yet. ‘

Read more:
Politics has started in the country with religion: Chief Whip

The chief whip added, “While many countries around the world have not been able to vaccinate against coronavirus. Since then, vaccination against corona virus has started in our country. We used to bring vaccines from India. But the rising incidence of corona in India has caused problems. Therefore, Hon’ble Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina has taken initiative to produce vaccines in the country. Everyone has to wear a mask, accept social distance. You may not be able to go to any country in the world in the future if you have not been given two vaccines or do not have a vaccine certificate. Vaccine certificates will be required when doing a lot of work. The coronavirus vaccine will become a part of our lives. ‘

It may be mentioned that BGF (financial) assistance of Tk.

x