A seven-year-old girl has been raped in Pakundia, Kishoreganj. The incident took place at Ghagra village in Chandipasha union of the upazila on Sunday night. The victim’s mother Rimon Mia (18) has filed a case against a teenager at Pakundia Police Station on Monday night. Rimon Mia is the son of Najam Uddin of the next house. He became Victim’s uncle.
According to the statement, the child was sleeping at home after dinner as usual. Her father lives abroad. Mother was sitting outside the house doing household chores. The sleeping child was alone in the room. On this occasion, Rimon entered the room at around 8 pm and raped the child. Rimon fled when his mother stepped forward at the child’s screams. The baby was moaning in bed in a bloody state. Upon receiving the news, the people of the area came and rescued the child and took him to Pakundia Upazila Health Complex. As the condition was critical, the doctor on duty sent the child to Kishoreganj Sadar Modern Hospital for better treatment. The child is currently undergoing treatment there.
Victim’s mother said the girl’s father had lived in Kuwait for several years. I live at home with my two daughters. I was working outside the house at the time of the incident. The girl slept alone in the room. On this occasion, he entered the house and forcibly raped my ignorant girl. The girl is now groaning in pain in the hospital. Rimon is known in the area as a naughty and bad-tempered boy. I want his exemplary punishment.
Pakundia police sub-inspector (SI) Sujit Kumar Sarkar, the investigating officer in the case, said, “I received the case file in the morning.” Preparations are underway for a police operation to arrest the accused.
Meanwhile, a businessman named Biplob Hossain (38) died after getting electrocuted in Natore city. The incident took place in Alaipur area of the city around 11 pm today. Biplob Hossain is the son of late Wazed Ali of Alaipur area of the city.
According to family sources, Biplob climbed on the roof of Sajna Para around 11 pm today. At that time, he was electrocuted by accidentally touching an electric wire. His family members rushed him to Natore’s modern Sadar Hospital in critical condition and the on-duty doctor declared him dead.
Mayor of Natore Municipal Council Uma Chowdhury confirmed the matter and said that such untimely death is very sad.