Former US President Donald Trump’s own communication platform has been shut down within a month of its launch. The platform, called ‘From the Desk of Donald J. Trump’, was launched last month. Now this platform has been permanently shut down.
Jason Miller, one of Trump’s advisers, said the platform had been shut down in order to do something big. And they are working on that.
Jason Miller said in a tweet after the page closed online on June 2 that the closure of the platform was a prelude to Trump’s return to social media. However, Miller did not specify exactly how and when Trump would return to social media.
At the instigation of Trump, his extremist supporters attacked Capitol Hill on January 8. Five people, including police, were killed in the bloody attack. After this incident, the main social media including Facebook and Twitter banned Trump.
Trump has previously been criticized by technology companies for obstructing expression. At one point, Miller said on his behalf, Trump would open up a means of radical change through social media.
Trump is out of breath after being banned through social media. After leaving power, he kept in touch with his followers via e-mail. Besides, he has been publishing his statement with a press release.
On May 4, Trump launched his own communication platform. He used to post his speeches on this platform. As per the rules of the platform, others were able to share his posts. However, his fans did not have the opportunity to express any opinion on the page.
Former U.S. presidents have avoided direct political activity since leaving power. Trump is his exception. He has continued his political activities. He has hinted that he will be a candidate again in the 2024 elections. In addition, he is openly supporting the conservative people of the Republican Party. Criticizing the opposition. Trump is already working to win over his loyal Conservatives in Congress in the 2022 midterm elections.