In Dinajpur district, three more people have died in the last 24 hours due to corona virus. Six people have died in the last three days in the district. Considering the situation, the civil surgeon said that the red zones of the district will be brought under lockdown within a day or two.
It is learned that on January 8 this year, the number of deaths due to corona in the district stood at 100. Since then, there have been no deaths from corona in the district for about a month and a half. One person died in the district on March 20 this year. The death toll in the district has been rising at an alarming rate since early June. One died of corona in the district on June 2. Later, two died on June 2 and three died of corona in the district yesterday.
According to the District Civil Surgeon’s Office, 133 samples were tested in the district till Friday evening. The samples of 23 people were found positive. Of these, Dinajpur Sadar Upazila alone has 15 members.
Dinajpur Civil Surgeon Abdul Quddus said the corona infection has been on the rise for the past two weeks. Infection is increasing at an unusual rate, especially in Dinajpur Sadar Upazila. The district corona committee has already met. We are moving towards a tough decision to follow the hygiene rules. Considering that the normal life of the people is not disrupted, we are going to take a decision to bring one or two upazilas under strict lockdown. We will issue a declaration in the next 24 hours.
In Dinajpur district so far 134 people have been infected with corona. Of these, 22 died from May 1 to June 5.
Bowler Shahadat Hossain Rajib, who scored a hat-trick in international cricket for Bangladesh, has returned to cricket after a ban. He was banned for five years in 2019 for slapping Arafat Sunny in a first-class match.
However, after 18 months, Shahadat returned to the field through the Dhaka Premier League (DPL) match. However, the Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) did not say anything about reducing the ban on martyrdom.
The pacer will play for Partex Sporting Club against Old DOHS Sports Club at the Sher-e-Bangla National Cricket Stadium in Mirpur on Saturday. Shahadat bowled 2 overs in the match and gave 17 runs. However, he could not take any wicket. Old DOHS won against them by 10 wickets.
Shahadat had appealed to the BCB to reduce the ban in February. He wanted to play cricket again to cover the cost of expensive treatment for his cancer-stricken mother. Later, BCB Cricket Operations Chairman Akram Khan told the media that he would take up the matter with Shahadat at the highest level of the board.