- Threat of third wave of corona in the country among Delta Plus cases
- Maharashtra’s FDA minister said, up to 50 lakh can be infected in the state
- The minister said – it is estimated that 5 lakh children may become ill in the third wave
- Guidelines issued regarding Delta Plus variant of Corona in Maharashtra
The risk of the third wave of corona and the Delta Plus variant is increasing. The Uddhav Thackeray government of Maharashtra has geared up in view of the situation. Meanwhile, the state’s FDA (Food and Drug) Minister Rajendra Shingne says that if the third wave comes, about 50 lakh people can be infected in the state. The Maharashtra government has also issued guidelines regarding the new variant Delta Plus of Corona.
‘5 lakh children may be sick’
Maharashtra’s FDA Minister Rajendra Shingne said, ‘The fear of the third wave is being feared, it is estimated that 50 lakh people will be infected. Out of these, 8 lakh people will be active patients. Young children will also be affected more in this. It is estimated that 5 lakh children may become ill in the third wave. Around 2.5 per cent children will be admitted to government hospital and 3.5 per cent children will need to be hospitalized or referred to a pediatrician. All kinds of preparations are being made.
Delta Plus Variant Explained: What is Delta Plus variant of Corona, know all the big things related to it
Level-3 restrictions apply after Delta Plus variant
Meanwhile, instructions have been issued to implement Level-3 restrictions across Maharashtra after the cases of the Delta Plus variant were reported. State Health Minister Rajesh Tope said in Jalna, “Levels 1 and 2 will be replaced by restrictions of Level 3 and above in entire Maharashtra.
Power of local body to decide on restrictions
Tope clearly said that the exemption given earlier to many districts will be abolished. Along with this, the local bodies have been empowered to take their own decision about imposing restrictions in their border areas as per the criteria set by the government. The government has also directed to constitute a flying squad. These squads will reach places like restaurants, malls, wedding ceremonies etc. to see whether the rules are being followed or not.
Preparation in UP to stop Corona’s Delta Plus, Suresh Khanna told everything
These restrictions under Level 3
– Permission to keep essential shops and establishments open till 4 pm only
– Non-essential shops and establishments from Monday to Friday at 4 pm
– Restaurants with 50% capacity till 4 PM on weekdays, then takeaway and home delivery
– Use of suburban trains only for medical staff and personnel engaged in essential services
– Gym and salon with 50 percent capacity till 4 pm
Death in Ratnagiri from Delta Plus variant
Meanwhile, an 80-year-old woman died of the Delta Plus variant in Ratnagiri district. She was hospitalized for a few days. According to some media reports, another person infected with Delta Plus has also died in Madhya Pradesh. This is being reported to be the second case of death from this variant in the state. There are 48 patients of Delta Plus variant in the country.