April 14, 2021


Latest online bangla news | bd, world, Sports, photo, video live | Norobotsverification

Grandfather killed by stone thrown by grandson

Nana died at Kanaighat in Sylhet after being stoned by her grandson. Police have arrested the accused grandson Abdul Qadir in the incident. The incident took place at Eraligul village of Laxmi Prasad East Union of the upazila around 11pm on Tuesday. The deceased was identified as Abdul Malik alias Malik Mia, 63, a resident of the village.

It is learned that the Eralis lived in the house of Abdul Malik alias Malik Miah, the second husband of his grandmother Abdul Qadir (32), wife of the late Mortuza Ali of Khacharipara. Monomalinya has been seen between grandparents and grandchildren for the last few days. On Tuesday night, on his way back from the local market, Abdul Qadir noticed his grandfather in front of the village mosque and threw stones at him. When the stone hit Malik Mia in the chest, he died on the spot. Later, Abdul Qadir was arrested and handed over to the police by the locals.

Kanaighat Police Station SI Mojibur Rahman said the body of the deceased was recovered and sent to Sylhet Osmani Medical College Hospital morgue for autopsy. And Abdul Qadir has been sent to jail through the court.
On the third day of the lockdown, public transport has started traveling on the regional roads of Sylhet. Buses started plying from Kadamtali terminal to Sylhet-Zakiganj and Sylhet-Beanibazar roads on Wednesday morning.

Passengers are picked up in the bus without following the hygiene rules. Passengers can also be seen standing inside many buses. But the rent is exactly 60 percent more.

Moinul Islam, president of the Sylhet District Transport Workers’ Union, said the administration and the organization had ordered a halt to bus services. But from Wednesday, a small number of buses started plying on Zakiganj and Beanibazar roads as buses were allowed to ply in the city corporation area. The bus was running smoothly as no one stopped it.
Meanwhile, the town bus ‘Nagar Express’ operated from 8 am to 6 pm on Wednesday. However, according to the rules, the buses were supposed to run in the city corporation area, but it was not complied with. Nagar Express buses have traveled to Bateshwar, Moglabazar Hajiganj and Salutikar as before.

The town bus has also been accused of charging more than 80 per cent fare. City Councilor Makhlishur Rahman Kamran, convener of the Nagar Express City Bus Owners Group, said the buses were operating outside the City Corporation area in response to passenger demands.

Meanwhile, CNG autorickshaws were plying in Sylhet on the third day of the lockdown. Even though the shopping malls are closed, the shops on the side of the road and inside the alley are left half open.

Police have arrested two robbers in Bishwanath upazila of Sylhet in the early hours of the night after setting up a barricade in the road. Police recovered 2 photos, 1 mobile phone set and Tk 14,000 in cash from them.

The detainees are Al-Amin, 29, son of Mohammad Hafeez of Devgram in Akhaura police station of Brahmanbaria district and Mohammad Ali, son of Shariful Islam Sheikh of Muraridah village in Sadar upazila of Jhenaidah district. Ershad Sheikh Raj (26).

According to police sources, the robbers set up a barricade on the Bishwanath-Rashidpur road at around 4 am on Wednesday and looted all the drivers and passengers. A team of police led by Sub-Inspector (SI) Debashish Sharma rushed to the spot and arrested two persons. Others fled. There are robbery cases against the two arrested in different police stations.