May 8, 2021


Latest online bangla news | bd, world, Sports, photo, video live | Norobotsverification

Husband stabs wife, escapes, dies at hospital

A husband has been accused of stabbing his wife to death at a house in Mirpur DOHS area under Pallabi police station in the capital. The deceased was identified as Umama Begum Kanak, 40.

On Friday (April 23) night, the woman was stabbed by her husband and fled. His relatives rescued him in a critical condition and took him to the emergency department of Dhaka Medical College (DMC) Hospital. He died at 5:30 am while undergoing treatment there.

Ruma Begum, a relative of the deceased, said, “At night we saw Kanak lying in a bloody condition in the living room and rescued him and took him to Dhame.” He died while undergoing treatment there. DMK police outpost inspector in charge confirmed the death to the media. Bachchu Mia.

Ruma Akhter, elder sister of the deceased, said that Kanak’s husband Omar Farooq had been in Japan for a long time. He has been unemployed since he came to the country. Husband and wife used to quarrel about this from time to time. Due to this, Farooq injured Kanak with a sharp weapon last night. He was later admitted to Dhaka Medical College Hospital. He died this morning while undergoing treatment.

The couple’s home is in Narsingdi Sadar. They used to live in a 3 / D flat in Mirpur DOHS 643 with a son and a daughter.

Police Inspector Bachchu Mia said the body was kept in the morgue for autopsy. The incident was reported to Pallabi police station.

BNP executive committee member Nipun Roy Chowdhury has been remanded in custody by a court in a case filed by Jatrabari Police Station on charges of illegal assembly, serious injury and attempted murder.

Dhaka Metropolitan Magistrate Nivana Khair Jesse ordered him to be sent to jail on Saturday afternoon.

After a four-day remand in the case, the investigating officer of the case, SI Bilal Al Azad of Jatrabari police station, produced Nipun in court and requested him to be kept in jail.

According to the petition, the accused were taken into custody from the jail on April 21 and interrogated. Important information was found in the interrogation. Checking data. Preliminary investigation has found evidence of involvement of the accused. A detailed investigation against the accused is ongoing. The investigating officer requested to keep the accused in jail till the investigation of the case is completed. Following the hearing, the judge ordered that he be sent to prison.

On March 26, white-clad law enforcers detained him. He has been in jail ever since.