May 16, 2021


Latest online bangla news | bd, world, Sports, photo, video live | Norobotsverification

Hefazat leader Junaid Al Habib remanded for 10 days

The court has granted a 10-day remand to Allama Junaid Al Habib, central joint secretary general of Hefazat-e-Islam and president of Dhaka Metropolitan. The court of Dhaka Metropolitan Magistrate Sadbir Yasir Ahsan Chowdhury passed the order on Monday (April 26). In three cases, the police wanted a total remand of 30 days for 10 days. The court granted remand for 10 days in 3 cases. In 2 cases of platoon 3 days and 6 days and in case of Motijheel 4 days.

On the same day, in the case of Motijheel police station in 2013, the investigating officer, Inspector of Police Moniruzzaman, applied to the court for a 10-day remand with a request to show custody of Junaid. On the other hand, in the case of Paltan Police Station, the investigating officer Inspector Kamrul Islam applied for a 10-day remand along with a request to show the accused Junaid. Defendant’s lawyer Syed Joynal Abedin Mezbah applied for bail seeking cancellation of his remand. After hearing both the parties, the court granted remand of Paltan Police Station for 4 days and Motijheel Police Station for 3 days for a total of 6 days. Besides, Junaid Al Habib has been remanded for 3 days in another case at Paltan Police Station.

Earlier on April 18, the court had granted a seven-day remand in a case of sabotage of Paltan police station. On 16 April, Junaid al-Habib was arrested in a raid on a madrassa in the Baridhara area. There are several cases against him in connection with the Hefazat violence in 2013.

Friends of Kaler Kantha Shubhsangha went to see the ill-fated freedom fighter Abdul Hamid Ghazi (64), who hoisted the first flag of independence in Keshabpur, with a new Eid dress. He has been paralyzed for about two and a half years and is undergoing treatment at his home in Satbaria village of the upazila.

On Monday (April 26) morning, friends of Keshabpur Upazila Shubhsangh handed over Punjabi and lungi to heroic freedom fighter Abdul Hamid Ghazi ahead of Eid. At this time watermelon, guava, dates and other seasonal fruits were taken for him

Paralyzed, freedom fighter Abdul Hamid stopped talking and his right hand became paralyzed. But he can recognize acquaintances.

President of Upazila Shubh Sangha Khandaker Shafi, Adviser Advocate Abdul Majid, Senior Vice President Basudeb Sen Gupta, Executive Member Kaler Kantho’s representative Nurul Islam Khan, Kamruzzaman Raju, Sohail Parvez and others came to his house with Eid clothes and fruits. Upon hearing the news of the arrival of Shubhsangha’s friends, Satbaria Union Parishad Chairman Samsuddin Dafadar also came to the freedom fighter’s house.

Family members said after Shubhsangha’s friends arrived at his house, no one came to see him anymore. His wife Shahar Banu lamented that after her husband fell ill, war-wounded freedom fighter Kazi Rafiqul Islam and former commander Mohammad Ali came to see her. Now no one comes to see.

On 6 December 1971, the heroic freedom fighter Abdul Hamid Ghazi hoisted the flag of independence at the first police station building. During the war of liberation he became known in the area as Mukti Hamid and Guerrilla Hamid.