Due to the corona infection, the holy Eid-ul-Fitr congregation cannot be held in the Eidgah or in the open space again. Eid prayers should be offered in the mosque. At the same time, they have been asked to refrain from hugging and shaking hands at the end of the congregation in the mosque.
The request was made by the Ministry of Religious Affairs on Monday (April 26) in an emergency notification regarding the congregation of Eid-ul-Fitr prayers.
The instructions regarding the congregation for the upcoming Eid-ul-Fitr prayers are:
1. The Islamic Shari’ah encourages the congregation to perform the Eid-ul-Fitr prayers in the Eidgah or in the open. But considering the risk of life of the worshipers due to coronavirus infection in our country including the world at present, this year instead of Eidgah or open space, Eid prayers were requested to be performed in the nearest mosque. If necessary, more than one congregation can be held in the same mosque.
2. Carpets cannot be laid in the mosque during Eid prayers. The entire mosque should be cleaned with disinfectant before the prayers. The worshipers have to bring Jainamaz in their respective responsibilities.
3. Soap / hand sanitizer should be kept in the azure place of the mosque to prevent coronavirus infection.
4. Soap-water with hand sanitizer / hand washing system should be kept at the entrance of the mosque.
5. Everyone should come to the mosque after performing ablution from their home and wash their hands with soap for at least 20 seconds while performing ablution.
. The worshiper who comes to the Eid congregation must come to the mosque after wearing the mask. Jainamaz and hats reserved in the mosque cannot be used.
. When standing in the queue during Eid prayers, one must follow social distance and hygiene rules.
. Children, the elderly, any sick person and those engaged in the service of the sick will not be able to participate in the Eid prayers.
9. To ensure public safety, the guidelines of the healthcare department, local administration and law enforcement agencies must be followed.
10. A request is being made to avoid hugging and shaking hands at the end of congregation in the mosque to prevent coronavirus infection.
11. Khatibs and Imams are being requested to offer prayers at the court of the great Rabbul Al-Amin after the holy Eid-ul-Fitr prayers to be saved from the coronavirus epidemic and the esteemed Khatibs, Imams and Mosque Management Committee will ensure implementation of the matters.
Eid-ul-Fitr, the biggest religious festival of Muslims in the country, will be celebrated on May 13 or 14, depending on the sighting of the moon in the month of Shawwal. On the day of Eid, Muslims perform the obligatory prayers of Eid for two rak’ats in the mosque or Eidgah.