Two Indian Army members have been killed in a snowstorm in the Siachen Glacier. Ladakh army sources said this news. There were more army members where the snow fell. But they are intact. They have been evacuated to a safe place.What exactly happened? According to army sources, the army team was patrolling in Hanif sector of Siachen around 1pm on Monday. The team was accompanied by a few coolies. When a sudden heavy snowfall started, the avalanche came down. As a result, everyone got stuck there. Rescuers rushed to the spot and rescued everyone. All were taken to safety, but two snowmen were later killed in the snow.
Military deaths in the Siachen Glacier have been reported several times in weather-related accidents. This is the third such accident this month alone. Earlier, an Indian army officer was killed in a tragic avalanche on April 14.
The snowfall damaged not only the patrolling troops but also the army posts. In 2016, an army camp in northern Siachen was hit by snow and ten soldiers sank into the ice.
Incidentally, the Siachen Glacier in the Karakoram Mountains is located about 20,000 feet above the surface. This is the highest military field in the world. Snowfall and landslides at such heights are very common. Winter bites also drop to minus 60 degrees Celsius. Deployed army members have to make a living by fighting against such adversity. The 6 km long glacier is guarded by Indian troops throughout the year. There is no way down. Because in that case the enemy country can come and occupy this glacier.
BD Daily / Kalam
Lihan Lima: The top 12 English, Spanish and Italian clubs in Europe, including Barcelona and Real Madrid, have decided to take part in the upcoming European Super League instead of the Champions League. AP, BBC, The Guardian
The clubs include Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool, Manchester City, Manchester United and Tottenham Hotspur, known as the ‘Big Six’ of England. Three from La Liga and three from Serie A. So far no clubs from Germany or France have participated in this tournament.
The agreement was initially for 23 years. Along with these 12 clubs, three more clubs will join soon, according to the Super League authorities. This tournament will be with 5 teams that have qualified every year with these 15 founding clubs, with a total of 20 teams. The founding clubs will get Rs 35,561 crore for participating in the new league. The tournament will be announced next week.
Real Madrid president Florentino Perez has become the first chairman of the Super League. Joel Glazer, vice-chairman of the Super League and one of Manchester United’s captains, said: “The best clubs and footballers in the world are being brought under one umbrella so that they can play with each other throughout the season. The Super League will usher in a new chapter in European football. There will be world class competition and infrastructure as well as financial prosperity. ‘
Political leaders and confederations, including football fans, are calling the league organizers “greedy” and “cunning”, calling the league “rebellious”. The world football governing body, FIFA, and the European football governing body, UEFA, have issued statements condemning it.
The UEFA statement threatened to ban the clubs as well as take legal action. UEFA said: “FIFA and all our partners will work together to stop this project. Some clubs have done this only for their own benefit, especially when more social cohesion is needed than ever before. ‘
The UEFA statement expressed solidarity with the Football Association of England, the Premier League authorities, the Royal Spanish Football Federation, La Liga, the Italian Football Federation and Lega Serie A.
A statement from FIFA stated that “FIFA is clearly supporting this isolated league outside the framework of international football and without respect for the fundamentals of football.”
The Prime Minister of the United Kingdom Boris Johnson said in a tweet: “This will hit the core of the domestic league. It’s a plan to destroy football. These clubs should be held accountable to the fans and the football community, “said a statement from the residence of the President of France, Elysee Palace.” The President welcomes the decision of the French clubs to refuse to take part in this project which threatens the unity and sports consciousness of football. France will support all measures taken by LFP, FFF, UEFA and FIFA to protect the dignity and integrity of basic football competitions, whether national or European. Fans of the 12 clubs are also calling the decision to join the Super League “greedy” and “dishonest” in a social media post.