April 17, 2021

Norobotsverification

Latest online bangla news | bd, world, Sports, photo, video live | Norobotsverification

Extreme levels of flood danger were announced in at least 90 places in Indonesia and East Timor

The death toll from flash floods in Indonesia and East Timor has risen to 90. This information was given by the concerned officials on Monday. Floods hit Indonesia’s easternmost province, West Nusa Tenggara, on Sunday morning.

The news agency AFP reported that flood-affected areas are now showing signs of debris everywhere. Somewhere the house has been washed away, and somewhere the plants have been uprooted. Numerous people are in temporary shelters in those areas of Indonesia and East Timor.

Meanwhile, the cyclone is still raging in the area. The rescue work is being damaged. Indonesia’s disaster agency says seven people have been killed so far in the country’s natural disasters. Authorities have so far confirmed 21 deaths in East Timor. The death toll is expected to rise. Most of the deaths occurred in Delhi, the capital of East Timor.

Advertising

Rescuers say heavy rains caused flash floods on the Catholic Christian-majority island of Flores Island just hours before the celebration of Easter Sunday, a Christian religious holiday in Indonesia. Houses were submerged, and many bridges and roads were destroyed. Raditya Jyoti, spokesperson for the National Disaster Mitigation Agency, said rescue operations were becoming difficult as it was a remote area. He further told AFP yesterday that the weather situation could get worse in the coming weeks.

Indonesian President Joko Widodo has expressed “deep sympathy” for the victims of the floods. In a speech to the nation, he said, “I can feel the immense grief that our brothers and sisters have to suffer because of this tragedy.”

Victims in flood-hit Indonesia and East Timor are now without food, medicine or blankets. About two and a half thousand people have been evacuated from their homes in East Timor. Many are still missing there. Rescue teams are working on them.
Standing on the beauty pageant, Miss Grand Myanmar Han Lee spoke out against the atrocities of her country’s army last week. He called on the victims to stand by their side. His statement has made headlines around the world. This information was given in the report of BBC online on Monday.

“A lot of people are dying in my country, Myanmar, today,” Han said at the Miss Grand International 2020 event in Thailand. Please help Myanmar. We need urgent international assistance now. ”

A month ago, 22-year-old Han was in Myanmar. He took to the streets of Yangon, the country’s largest city, to join anti-military protests. She later moved to Thailand to compete in the Miss Grand International 2020.

There was a bloodless coup in Myanmar on February 1. The country’s military seized power by overthrowing Aung San Suu Kyi’s elected government in a coup. They arrested top leaders of his party, the National League for Democracy (NLD), including Aung San Suu Kyi. The army declared a state of emergency in Myanmar for a year. Democrats have been protesting in Myanmar ever since.

x