Pakistan’s Prime Minister Imran Khan has blamed obscenity imported from the West and neighboring countries for the rape. He said that if obscenity is reduced, the issue of rape will come under control.His remarks sparked outrage on social media. However, he has been severely criticized for making this controversial remark. The Pakistani media has sharply criticized Imran Khan for making such a statement.
In an editorial published last Tuesday (April 7), Dawn wrote that such controversial remarks by the Prime Minister could cause harm. Imran Khan has emphasized on veiling women, not correcting men’s behavior. Speaking on the relationship between sexual violence and women’s clothing, Dawn said that Imran Khan’s way of thinking is insensitive and outdated.
Imran Khan has left the responsibility of protecting women on the society. Dawn also claimed that Imran Khan has evaded the responsibility of the government to ensure the safety of women.
Earlier, in an interview to a local TV channel, Imran Khan said that obscenity is increasing rapidly in the world. We have an advantage compared to the developed countries of the world. We have family ties.
There is no touch of obscenity. Look at Bollywood movies. See the difference between what is happening now 40 years ago. Pornography has reached such a level that Delhi has now become the capital of rape in the world.
My News / ASM
Actor and Member of Parliament Akbar Hossain Pathan Farooq’s life is on the verge of death. The actor’s son Sarat said that his condition was serious due to bleeding in the stomach. Farooq is currently being treated at Mount Elizabeth Hospital in Singapore.
He has been unconscious in the ICU of the hospital since March 21, he is unconscious. Sarat said that in the meantime, the bacterial infection in Farooq’s blood has spread terribly.
Sarat said, “The infection in my father’s blood has increased drastically. There has been internal bleeding in the stomach. A few days ago a caesarean section was performed on the father’s brain. Everyone will pray for my father. ”
It is to be mentioned that Farooq went to Singapore on March 4 for regular checkup. Going there, he became more and more ill.
Earlier, he was undergoing treatment in Singapore. He had to spend about 48 days in hospital due to a blood infection and tuberculosis.
After recovering a bit and returning to the country, he contracted corona. After recovering, he went to Singapore for regular checkups and became seriously ill.
The Appellate Division has stayed the High Court’s ruling that news headlines or news segments cannot be aired on private television channels in the name or courtesy of the advertiser.
The four-member Virtual Appellate Division headed by Chief Justice Syed Mahmud Hossain passed the order on Sunday after hearing a separate leave to appeal against the High Court’s verdict.
On May 8 last year, the High Court ruled that news headlines or news segments could not be aired on private television channels in the name or courtesy of advertisers. Channel I, BTRC and Dipta TV filed separate leave to appeal against the verdict this year, which went up for hearing today.
The court heard on behalf of Channel I from senior lawyer AM Amin Uddin, who is also the Attorney General. Lawyer Murad Reza was present at the hearing on behalf of the other petitioner Dipta TV. Lawyer Khandaker Reza-e Rakib was present at the hearing on behalf of BTRC.
Later, senior lawyer AM Amin Uddin said the High Court’s verdict had been stayed till the leave to appeal hearing. As a result, there is no legal impediment to broadcasting news headlines or news segments on private television channels in the name or courtesy of the advertiser.
M Matin, a retired Government Laboratory School teacher, filed a writ petition in the High Court in 2011 challenging the legality of airing news headlines on private television channels in the name of sponsors. The High Court ruled on October 10, 2011 on the preliminary hearing. After the death of the writ petitioner Farooq. A businessman named Hasib became the applicant in place of Matin. After hearing the rule, the High Court gave its verdict on May 8 last year.
Noting that news headlines or news segments cannot be aired on private television channels in the name or courtesy of the advertiser, the High Court ruled that it would be effective from September 1, 2019. However, at the beginning, middle and end of the news, the verdict said that the advertisement can be aired, said the concerned lawyers.